Daniel

Color commentary from the forgotten mountains

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Cave, Kansas, United States

Monday, December 19, 2005

coda

The microphone has grown cold and the spotlights have been turned off. The bellowing sound of Canadian laughter is still ringing in my ears as I again drive south towards home. I have done over thirty shows in two months and I finally got into a groove with my show that made me feel good. I was able to do a full hour of clean and a full hour of dirty and I think I can take that confidence to Montreal if I just stick to my guns and pay attention to detail. I'm amazed that it took so long to get back into the groove, but I guess a lot of the delay can be blamed on travel sickness. It was just too much in a short amount of time. Well over 15,000 miles in two months.

I head home now. Seeking something that will also require some time to get back in touch with. I need to find those steps that make being at home so worthwhile. I am ready to feel that comfort again. I am ready to feel the words in my fingers as I type these posts in comfortable and familiar surroundings. I am ready to find my clothes in a closet. I am ready to walk on familiar pathways. I am ready to open the right cabinet to find a plate and get it right the first time.

Just as soon as I can, I want to start organizing the coming year. There are big plans in the making and I need to make sure that I can make them all work together for a beneficial and comfortable future for everyone involved. Canadian move? New American clubs? European tour? A return of production work? Things are afoot.

I guess my internal timing couldn't be better for this sort of organizing. It is that time of year when you are supposed to start making resolutions and preparing to make them come true. For one lucky soul on the planet, everything is going to work out perfectly, for another, it's going to be pure misery. The identities of these people will have to be discovered and played out in the new year. I think we can look back on this year and say that Micheal Jackson started out having a bad year and then ended up having a good year. Bush started out with a bad year and it only got worse. Cindy Sheehan started out having a quiet year and turned out to be loudest person of the year. (sadly, she was the front runner for best year, but then turned into an idiot and is now the best political puppet of the year... Ironically, she beat out Bush, the six time champion) Peter Jackson started out having a great year and ended with a great year, so he certainly qualifies as a front runner for this year's prize. I started out with a middle of the road year and then I swerved off the road and now I'm in a field. The person of the year - the bull verses the bear - is quite the honor for history to bestow upon someone. Perhaps it will be one of you - my dearest readership. ( I say dear because readership is down to half of what it was in the summer... I guess you don't dig the "invasion" series or perhaps you want the return of Questions of The Weak.)

Next year, the sun will shine bright, the rain will fall, birds will sing, babies will be born and people will pass on. It will be a whole other game when the calendar rolls into '06 and the only thing I know for certain is that I won't be in the Forgottens by summer time. I will have to leave my perch and find a new one. I need to find a new nest in a new tree and find new cars on which to poop on. Possibilities are being thrown around but the fact of the matter is that I have no idea which one will work out the best just yet. It's annoying because these things take a lot of planning.

As the show curtain falls on another year and the audience gets up to leave... Backstage... A new show is being created.