Daniel

Color commentary from the forgotten mountains

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Cave, Kansas, United States

Monday, August 21, 2006

one-sided grip

I am only sleeping five hours a night. My comedy is suffering. My diet is shit. I am trying to exercise but it's only making me feel fatter and more out of shape. That, and with the straining that my muscles are going through, I am constantly sore. The perch needs a good once-overing and I still need to do my laundry. The transferring of my recorded shows into a format that will allow me to make CDs out of them is still not done (however, there are forces at work). The Book Of Daniel Editing is still not done (again, there are forces at work). I have not been able to find a DMV open that will give me my motorcycle license. I still haven't called to set up an appointment for my physical. I really, really need to let some pressure off of my prostrate (really, really). I have yet to reach anyone in Canada about that leg of my tour ( I might have a warrant in British Columbia). I have yet to book work in October. I am 1000.00 short of my financial goal. I haven't cracked open a book in over ten days.

...And I am having the time of my life.

I say this, because I am supposed to say this.

Actually, I am alright about all of it save for the drop off in comedy talent, because I am so transfixed on the upcoming bike trip. I could really care less about all the stones gathering in my shoes. Even with the disruptive pain of each step, I know that they take me closer to the goal. When you rest along the way, it's not half as satisfying as the rest you get when you finish the journey.

My main concern is that I am not looking past the trip. I am concerned that I might be putting all of my focus on this trip and not thinking about the life I will have after I put the kickstand down for the last time. I still have to make a living. I still have - Well, everything I listed above.

So I ask you and I ask myself; What is better? Do I focus my energy on a dream? Do I climb a mountain and not concern myself with how I'm going to get down? Do I labor relentlessly and make a ridiculous dream come? What did Cinderella do after the honeymoon was over? Was she filled with a strange craving to start cleaning Prince Charming's castle? (perhaps that's why Prince Charming married her in the first place)

What will I do with out something to look forward to?

It's a heavy day in the pre-planning. I called the Canadian Authorities. I'm clean and ready to go there. The credit card companies are not willing to extend any credit so I am going to put all of my last hopes in a goodbye party before I leave town. Hopefully that will create enough funds necessary to create an after-dream life.

Tomorrow - License, and the pony comes home for the first time. I plan on riding it to Mt. St. Helens for a nice pre-trip "getting to know you" ride. Perhaps a ride up that mountain will give me some clarity as to how I get down.

As I write this, I am two hundred sit ups away from being fit for the day and four thousand away from being ready for the trip. I will be putting up a "sit up" donation button on the blog for anyone that would like to donate a few.

943 dollars away from security.
4000 sit ups away from pure sexiness
16 days away from departure.

I should really call and make sure everyone is still willing to let my loud snoring ass sleep at their house....