Daniel

Color commentary from the forgotten mountains

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Cave, Kansas, United States

Sunday, June 26, 2005

requested #5

Sorry this took so long, relatives in town, work to be done, details later....

Reader: Describe Finland.

Me: WELL, last time I checked it was in scandinavia. Northern Europe, bordering the old Soviet Union and Sweden. The majority of the population lives to the south and the northern half of the country is rough and rugged. The capital is Helsinki, I think. The people are called, Fins and they do well at winter sports. It is often overlooked as a country because it's cuisine isn't served in any restaurants and it's cultural hertiage isn't part of pop culture on any level.

I am not sure, but I think Finland still has a monarch and the people there pay a lot in taxes. In return they get blonde hair and the devotion of small, angry, anti-semitic austrians and people with a "blonde" fetish.

I am sure most of them fish, or eat fish, or know what fish are. I am sure that they wish their flag wasn't as bland as their neighboring scandiavian countries. You would think they would break away and put a bold looking lemming waving a hockey stick in one hand and a dead, half eaten fish in the other. It could have a mean looking scowl on it's face and be marching defiantly toward the edge of a cliff...

I don't know much about Finland. I thought about it, but I don't. I was going to do some info and stat checking, but I can't find the time. It's a country on my planet and I don't even take the time to look at it.