Daniel

Color commentary from the forgotten mountains

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Cave, Kansas, United States

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

where the poets find it

We start this tour with a glimpse into the top of the world. It's raining here and the forest loves to show off. This is the side of that volcano that I told you was in every photo.
THE SLOPES OF MT. RAINER, WASHINGTON















Pam on her V star. It's a 650 and a bigger bike than my mine (the pony is a 500) and I had some bike envy, but her helmet isn't as cool as mine. Anyway, she has the whole package and she looks good on that bike.
THE GREAT PALOUSE, WASHINGTON





That's moi on the edge of Palouse Falls. Note the sexy riding apparel. Note the sexy man in the sexy apparel. And that waterfall is... okay. PALOUSE FALLS, WASHINGTON








Self Portrait on day one. The wind hadfinally died down, but the internal damage was already done. This is a happier moment for me. I actually took this photo because I knew people were going to ask for "me" shots and I didn't want to disappoint.
YAKIMA VALLEY, WASHINGTON




The white thing on the seat is a towel. It kept my goodies dry during the rain. I love the valley beyond and I wish you could have seen it with me. Perhaps one day you'll get on a bike and find this view. HWY 12, WASHINGTON







They all look this good.
VIEW FROM THE GROUD FLOOR, WASHINGTON










I'm sure all the sunsets look this good where you are, don't they? THE GREAT PALOUSE, WASHINGTON










More of the joy...
THE GREAT PALOUSE, WASHINGTON










...and even more....
THE GREAT SEA OF RICE, WASHINGTON










The great prairie on the lava.
JUST BELOW CLOUD CITY, WASHINGTON










It took billions of years to create what you're enjoying right now. Each strata was a lava flow from a million year eruption.
CARVED LAVA, WASHINGTON









Look but don't touch. Waterfalls don't need your assistance, your approval or your advice.
PALOUSE FALLS, WASHINGTON









Clear lakes made of mountain snow. The skies are filled with rain that would have been snow had it been warmer and if my luck were any worse. HWY 12, WASHINGTON








These valleys are everywhere - around the next turn and over the next hill. Everywhere.
WHERE NATURE REIGNS, WASHINGTON










I hope you get out and enjoy your lives as if you were free. Ask yourself this; is it ever just good enough to know that you could if you wanted to, even though you never do? Because that is really the only thing seperating your life from someone in prison.