Daniel

Color commentary from the forgotten mountains

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Cave, Kansas, United States

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

the religious freedoms of females

I am addressing this topic as I have been overwhelmed with the number of blogs that readers have started and whom have asked me to read it for advice or whatever. I usually try to hold back from reading a new blog until I know the writer is serious about it and this means I wait for a week or two and then check it out. If they post every day and it doesn't look too bad, I will check back again in another two weeks and check again. At that time, the honest bloggers have made themselves known and the rest have abandon their work and usually never return. I enjoy passionate writers and their work shows their passion. I also enjoy a dedicated and disciplined writer that doesn't abandon the writing process because it's convenient to do so. Even when I got sick, I had someone step in and write for me. I know how important it is to offer something up. It's hard, but you have to do it. That's discipline. That's a good writer.

I enjoy reading and would normally not be so opposed to an offer to read another's material, but with most blogs (as was the case with mine) you need a few good months of posting before you see some real quality stuff. It's not that the writer isn't talented, but it can take a while before the true raw nature of their words find their voice. Most writers tend to be systematic at first and write a biography or talk about all the little things they enjoy or hate. Most blogs have a list of favorite things and least favorite things within the first few days. A new blog might have four posts in one day. The posts vary in size from a one sentence, "I ain't got nothing to say today, check back later" to a novel that seems to be therapeutic. "Poppa touched me and Momma hit me and I started drinking and I wrecked my car and I got in a fight and I hated my teachers...." These posts are entertaining and they aren't supposed to be.

Since I started this blog in October of 2004;

Two people had blogs before me that still have one. Although one of them left Blogspot for a web site and I doubt that he reads mine anymore. Marcus still has his (marcusmouse.blogspot.com)

19 people have started a blog on their own and still post on it today.
6 people I asked to start a blog. 3 still do.
142 people have started a blog only to abandon it after less than ten posts.
52 people have blogs that exist on other sites and have one central theme to them - SEX.

Of those 18 sexually themed blogs, none of them are written by men.

I don't know what blogs are good for. I don't know what makes one good and another bad. Why is one dull, lifeless blog so popular(Dlisted.blogspot.com) and another creative, talented and informative blog(strike-the-root.com) abandoned to obscurity. I have read the blogs written by famous people. I have read the ones written by corporations for whatever reason. I have even read from the top five blogs which people read everyday. In all of this, there is no common denominator that links success rate to content. This is a good and bad thing. I like that not many blogs stick to a set of rules or guidelines. That keeps the internet free and open; What you can say, when you post or how often, proper grammar usage and motivation, that's all unmonitored and that's healthy in writing. The only dark side to chaos is that it makes blogging purely entertainment and not journalism or valid. This argument will always hang over the blogger's head. Someone trying to make a statement or inform will always be grouped with a gossip artist or diet-logger.

I started my blog as a way to consolidate my letter writing that was consuming a full day of each week. I was able to take 20 letters and focus them down into one. It saved me time, stamps and my hands, fingers and wrists appreciated the relief. I think my friends were a little put out by the change. I think they really enjoyed the personal nature of a handwritten letter and after my blog started to take off, I think they could sense that the posts, which were supposed to be their letters, had abandon their original format and had taken on a new life. One more widely available to others. Half of the original 20 or so people that I used to write to, do not read my blog today, or only read it when they have a chance. I can sense from their emails that it's not the same. That sentiment seems to be true for a lot of my readers. "I usually read it once a week and try to catch up on everything I missed." I have heard this from hundreds of people.

MONDAY is when the readership is highest.
The readership drops to one-third on SATURDAY and SUNDAY.
I had one day where only 200 people read the post. The lowest number since I first started.

Women ask me to read their blogs (or I discover their blog somehow) and I find that most of their blogs are about sexual conquests, sexual discovery, sexual recovery, or rhetorical one-sided debates about sexual politics. For a while, I didn't mind that every woman I knew wanted to talk about sex. It's kinda nice to see that women are just as perverted and slutty as men are. That knowledge lifted a huge burden off my back. However, the content of each blog tended to be repetitive. I don't mean from blog to blog, but from post to post. The women, depending on their mood, expressed the same sentiment in each post.

Most common themes found in sexually dominated blogs:

Saw hot boy, didn't talk to him.
Lust after famous boy, here's why.
First time.
Best time.
Darkest moment.
Oddest fetish or fantasy.
My ongoing seduction of some hot boy.
Fascination with boy's behavior pre and post coital.
The look on mens' faces
My fancy new toy/outfit.

But why? Why so much interest in sex and why publish it online?

In the chaos math equation for this particular psychology - Women in said society and in said time frame, have been subjected to repression and mental manipulation to believe that sexuality is something that they should repress or be ashamed of and that only bad, naughty, sinful, disgusting women talk about, desire or enjoy sex. Especially as it pertains to sex with more than one man, one woman, inanimate objects or in imagination.

Thusly...

When a woman in regards to factors of personal strength, position, intelligence, or comfort, discovers the system to which she has been subjected and decides to rebel against it (righteously so) she will strike out in any means necessary and without regard to reaction. Which is the biggest revolt against said system. However, with little to no structure or real role models and depending on how ingrained the belief system was before the enlightenment, the woman can experience set backs in her expression. Her behavior may back fire against her and her own mind might judge her. This can create an even darker sense of self, which is a fail safe that was set in place by the system which she is not aware of. For those that overcome this self imprisonment and sense of isolation, there is solace. For those that do not overcome it, they write poetry, drink a lot of booze and become teachers.

Bless the gal that sees the light.

It's enjoyable to read of someone's sexual exploits. It's fun to imagine what they are doing, and it's fun to get worked up over a good story and laugh at a funny one. However... it's hard to forget that the person writing these is also more than just a lollipop for our pleasure.

Number of female penned blogs that I know of that are not sexual - 4
Number of female penned blogs that I know of that are sexual - 81

I read all four non sexual and I read a dozen or so of the sexual ones. The non sexual ones are funny and reveal a lot about the writer in their world. The sexual ones I read are because the writers are incredibly talented and their writing demands that I read them. Their blogs could be about snot collection and I would read them. If they are reading this today I beg of you - Tell me more than just one side of your day. It's getting stale to hear about sex all the time. I guess if your sex life was more creative than most, it would be something... but every woman that blogs has the same sex life. I do not mean to deflate your pursuit, but it would be nice to read about a shy woman that likes crossword puzzles and flannel that also likes to sometimes dress up like a banshee and eat men. If you leave out the crossword puzzle and flannel, then I miss half of the story.

Thank the Gods that men don't blog about their sex lives. You don't know dullness like a man spewing out his stories. Men tend to sound like a small child explaining a roller coaster ride, "And then it went really, really fast... And then there was a loopy thing... And then we went, WOOOO and WOOOO and then VRROOMMMMM.... It was killer!" So perhaps I shouldn't be so tactless about my comments. Without women, we wouldn't have erotica at all. (Henry Miller, Marquis De Sade and Bill O'Reilly excluded)