Daniel

Color commentary from the forgotten mountains

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Cave, Kansas, United States

Thursday, September 15, 2005

tastes like shit

Feeling sexy and desirable is a great feeling. You will never feel more desirable than when someone that you find attractive finds you equally attractive or more. The way they look at you, the way they respond to your body and the way they do the little things to show their affection, it really makes you feel good.

At some point in the relationship, your lover will show their taste in others and this moment can make or break your self-esteem depending on whether or not you agree with their particular flavor. For example; If they say that they find George Clooney sexy and you can agree, then you don't feel that their feelings for you are baseless. However, if their taste includes Bob Sagat, then your self worth plummets. How could Bob Sagat and I be in the same boat? What similar qualities do we share?

As any relationship progresses the little things that make that person who they are begin to show themselves to you. Little things that add up to big things for no reason whatsoever. They could love green peppers and you could despise them. The fact that they like green peppers can so offend you that the overall affection you have for that person can wane. Green peppers may not be high on your list, but it is on mine. What is truly fascinating is that some people will have a nothing in common at all and will still drag out the relationship for reasons that they don't fully understand themselves. Sometimes it's because a break up would look bad at a certain time or to certain people, or one part of the couple needs the other for financial reasons or because the sex is so fantastic. (for you ladies out there that wonder why men stick around so long after they have broken up with you, there you go. It's your money)

I know that I have maintained relationships just because I knew I would feel guilty for breaking up with someone over the shape of their toes or because their favorite pair of shoes made me ill. I have subjected myself to long agonizing months of torture because I lacked the courage to call it quits when I knew it was over. The longer these relationships would carry on, the more I would sour on the little item that made me sour in the first place, I would actually develop a huge hatred out of a minor dislike, all because I was a coward. I won't date a woman that likes unicorn art, clown masks, victoria's secret perfume or liver. I can't do it. The memories that live inside of me and the pain that I feel when I think of my cowardice forces me away. This doesn't mean I won't sleep with them, I just can't date them. We can always get it on in the room that doesn't have the clown masks or unicorns in it.

The more you put your self-worth in the hands of others the longer it will take you to ever be happy. The rest of the world has nothing else to do with you and their approval of you doesn't prove anything. If you are truly worried about how much of a catch you are, hang out with blind people. They can only judge you based on what you say and that should give you a good idea of how sexy you really are.