Daniel

Color commentary from the forgotten mountains

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Cave, Kansas, United States

Monday, July 25, 2005

tis not as deep as a well

but that fucking bee got me. Back of the leg, middle of the calf. OUCHY FUCKING OUCHY! I hate it.

I ran in and let the blood pressure build up and spread the venom around a bit. On the advice of everyone, I put windex on it, then baking soda and then my own urine. I'm not sure. In these moments of haste, you really forget the little details.

Everyone knows "just the thing" for this or that. When it comes to bee stings, how come no one says, "anti-venom". My leg is ammonia clean, baking soda soft and swollen to the point that you can not tell the lower half of my leg from the upper half. If I lose my leg, I am going to bury it with the bodies of every person that told me to put ammonia and baking soda on it.

It's practically impossible to move with my leg as swollen as it is. I laid on the couch for three hours with ice packs on the leg, praying for some reduction in the swelling. I watched three hours of the history channel educate me on Hitler's SS, it was wonderful. I really feel that I have mind in the right place for healing.

Somewhere in the day, I feel asleep and didn't wake up for a bit.

Naps for most of the world are quick little power naps of no more than twenty minutes. Maybe, if you're lucky, you can stretch a nap into an hour. I don't have that short nap gene. I lay down to sleep, it's going to be 8 hours. Yes, that's right, I did nothing all day but watch Nazis and give myself freezer burn on my lower leg. ( I tell ya, when I sleep, nothing is waking me up.) So now my leg is swollen still, still achy from venom soaked in ammonia and baking soda but now it's a beautiful blue color. I still can't use it.

I like bees. They are one half of the title of my favorite sit down chat with my parents. You gotta love em. They really do not mean you any harm. Just some really challenging Monday remedies that seem to be making the matter worse. That's all a bee really wants out of life, to watch you suffer. To exterminate you systematically and with nothing but pure malice. Bees and their little SS uniforms... Sorry.