Daniel

Color commentary from the forgotten mountains

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Cave, Kansas, United States

Monday, June 13, 2005

blogs

I started this little blog several months ago and in that time I have watched the readership grow from twenty or so close friends to over a twelve hundred or so readers, most of whom, I will never meet.

When this started, only Marcus had a blog. And he stayed the only reader with a blog, until a few more readers showed up and they got the bug. Now, over three hundred of you have blogs. Most of them, really, really good. Some not so good... (no) I try to read as many as I can, but I can't really get to all of them. I don't have time to read all your emails. I am not even sure I can do questions of the weak anymore. There are too many questions and I don't have a ten hour day to accomodate the readership.

The book is coming along and I hope to have it out soon. I think I can sell it on Amazon.com so look for it there. At this time, it's called, The Book Of Daniel.

As many of you come to see the joy and release that writing can bring to you. The strange power that giving life to your feelings and thoughts can bring you, I feel, in some strange way, lost. That sounds just as weird as it was to type.

Let me explain.

I have a reader that was around starting in December... avid fan, loyal and humorous. She has never met me and given the fact that she is in Florida, we probably never will. Married. Lonely. On the computer a lot. From her, I have over two hundred readers. She finally started her own blog and her life has gained a new color which seems to be dancing in. With that knowledge, I am content. But, she isn't an avid reader any more. She dedicates so much time to her own blog that she doesn't have time to read mine. She wants to fill the endless pages of cyberspace with her life story and, to make sure that there is enough to say, she spends more time each day living and less time reading about others. A lovely and sad catch 22. Many of the readers of this blog have found that to be true. A daily entry can free your whole day and you can spend the rest of the day thinking about what you are going to write the next day. Some of you are filling space with a recap, which is rather dull, but some of you are taking great care to express inner parts of your soul and to share things that I am sure would be stiffled in any other organized situation.

So blessed be the blog. It hath freed many a weary soul from the bonds of mediocrity and made LIFE, again... worth living.... and sharing...

I will continue on...

My family has a dark cloud on the horizon and I hope that you will grant me some space to work through this. In a strange way, it has everything to do with what you see before you. A story. As your story is written, you release to the world and you are no longer burdened with having to carry it on as it's sole witness. Lose the details of the story and it's lost forever.

There is a good chance that altzerheimers is making a stop in my little hamlet.