Daniel

Color commentary from the forgotten mountains

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Cave, Kansas, United States

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

invasion of america - the images....2 of 4

Hint: Be specific with your questions...

The WALL OF HOPE which was put up on the mall for cancer survivors. DAY FIFTEEN, CANCER CENTRAL, DC











It's the new century and cancer survivors don't use open flames anymore. Half of this light is glow sticks and the other half is the reflection of the glow sticks off the bald heads in the crowd. DAY FIFTEEN, SEA OF HOPE, DC









One for me and my father. One for Marcus' nephew and all of my other friends that are dealing with cancer. DAY FIFTEEN, DC











The bags filled with cancer sticks. These were placed all around the reflection pool in front of the capital. DAY FIFTEEN, DC











Picture postcard perfect. That's right. IT'S MINE! The house that brought you all of the lovely laws that grace our world today. And where Republicans like to cruise for boys. DAY SIXTEEN, CAPITAL BATHHOUSE, DC














The library of congress. My temple. The building of absolute knowledge. I wasn't allowed to take photos or see everything, but that forces you to see it in person.. Genius. My eyes were too filled with tears to see it all. DAY SIXTEEN, HOUSE OF KNOWLEDGE, DC









THE Magna Carta. Yes, THE Magna Carta. And it's in America so all the good parts have been edited out according to laws of the better Carta called, Homeland security. DAY SIXTEEN, NATIONAL ARCHIVE, DC










The Declaration of Independence. I also took a photo of the Bill of Rights and The Consititution, but who cares about those silly things. Besides, all of these official documents can be easily stolen by Nick Cage so really, how special are they? DAY SIXTEEN, NATIONAL ARCHIVE, DC













This is JFK's grave. That headstone is ten feet by six feet. You have to walk up a huge stone path to see it. This flame and headstone are protected by a small fence.. It's very scenic and powerful. The eternal flame goes out from time to time, but the idea is still the same. Again, JFK.
DAY SIXTEEN, ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETARY, DC













This is Bobby's grave site, JFK's little brother. It's where you go when you have to pee if you're hanging out at JFK's grave. DAY SIXTEEN, ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY, DC











The crash site in Shanksville, PA. It's being illuminated by my Pony as there is a nasty storm passing by and it stole the moonlight. I was taking in the view and then two bears ran by. So I left. DAY SEVENTEEN, RURAL PENNSLYVANIA









Football Jesus. If you look down at the bottom of the building you will see some doors and a human. Just to give you some perspective. IT'S A BIG FUCKING JESUS! DAY EIGHTEEN, SOUTH BEND, INDIANA









Lover's leap. YES, THE lover's leap. Where two native youths jumped off a cliff to avoid having to live life without each other. So the story goes. That's the mighty Mississippi river in the background. DAY TWENTY, HANNIBAL, MISSOURI








The state of Missouri put up this sign to let you know that a fictional character once painted this fence. We, Missourians are real smart. DAY TWENTY, HANNIBAL, MISSOURI










Mark Twain's childhood home. I adore him. He is everything that I wish I could be, except for the dead part.
DAY TWENTY, HANNIBAL, MISSOURI















This is Mark Twain's Jacket. The one you always see him in. I doubt that it is the real deal, but why not pretend if it makes you feel better. DAY TWENTY, HANNIBAL, MISSOURI














Me and that damn camera just love that setting sun. DAY TWENTY, RURAL HIGHWAY, MISSOURI











These are my grandparents. My grandmother was another one of my heroes. DAY TWENTY-ONE, KNOB NOSTER, MISSOURI











Old Drum. Not one of my heroes, but for everyone that loves dogs, this is the statue of the dog that gave us the phrase, "Man's best friend". DAY TWENTY-ONE, WARRENSBURG, MISSOURI














I was born here.... and then I escaped. DAY TWENTY-ONE, RAYTOWN, MISSOURI












This is where I went to high school. Ronald Reagan once came to visit. They put up a plaque to commemorate the occasion. Then Reagan died and they took it down. DAY TWENTY-TWO, SHAWNEE MISSION, KANSAS









Me on stage in my high school. It feels weird to be on this stage after so many years of gracing other stages. Everything felt weird that day. DAY TWENTY-TWO, SHAWNEE MISSION, KANSAS










Kansas City is known as the city of fountains. I think only Paris or Rome has more. This is a famous fountain that has four horses to represent the four great rivers of the world. DAY TWENTY-THREE, KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI









My favorite park when I was young; Penguin Park. Guess why they call it that? It used to be two full acres of wood chips and urine. Now it's clean and safe... It sucks. DAY TWENTY-TWO, KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI









Me, Angie and the very elusive - and un-dead, Adam. We are on top of a tower that used to be surrounded by nothing but a sixty mile view of trees. Today, there are a lot of houses in those trees. And the tower moves a lot more than it should.... for those of us scared of heights. DAY TWENTY-THREE, SHAWNEE MISSION, KANSAS






This view used to be nothing but trees. Now I can see... Rich people! It's a harsh reality that life moves on. Not everything can stay the way you want it to. DAY TWENTY-THREE, SHAWNEE MISSION, KANSAS









I guess I love sunsets because they take me back here - to my youth. This is the view every night. Nowhere else in the world does the sun set like this. It's the only reason that anyone stays here. EVERYDAY IN KANSAS














My first real job. I worked at a few other places before this, but this was the first real job that I got without help from family. I made 3.22 an hour. DAY TWENTY-FOUR, OVERLAND PARK, KANSAS









Da Vinci. A hero of sorts. This is what he would look like if he lived in Kansas, spoke english and was heterosexual. I went to a Renaissance festival -- because I wanted to. My face is covered with kisses from all the rennie whores. I love whores and they love me. I used to be get lucky a lot with rennies and apparently I still could. DAY TWENTY-FOUR, YE OLDEN TIMES, KANSAS





And still more to come......